Chief Structural Engineer (Airframe)
Location: Middle East
Circa £50k to £55k Tax-Free + Free Accommodation, Flights, Pension, Medical, Recreation Facilities
About the Job
An excellent overseas job opportunity has arisen in the Middle East with one of our key clients in the Aerospace & Defence sector. We are searching for a highly experienced Chief Structural Engineer, responsible for advising the customer on all structural design matters for aircraft structural repairs. As Chief Structural Engineer, you will also be responsible providing engineering assistance to all Fast Jet and Flying Training Bases on a wide range of non-structures related issues and wider engineering policy matters.
Key Job Requirements
- Ensure that methods and data used for repairs are compatible with those necessary to maintain the structural integrity of the aircraft and respect the standard procedures of the Design Authority.
- Identify those aircraft repairs that need a referral to the Design Authority and ensure liaison between the Design Authority and the customers aeronautical engineering staff in progressing repair work.
- Undertake damage assessments on behalf of the RSAF in order to establish the extent of repair action required.
- Provide structural engineering assistance to aircraft Incident and Accident investigations.
- Provide the customer with structural familiarisation training both informally and in a formal classroom situation including the preparation and delivery of instruction that will ultimately lead to the award of a certificate of completion for the AES Engineers involved.
About the Employer
Our client has a well-established overseas presence where they have developed a reputation for working closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology to add value and capability. As a prime contractor under a government-to-government arrangement that is in place to provide equipment, support and training to the customer based in the Middle East, you will have the opportunity to further your career with one of the most respected Aerospace & Defence businesses in the world.
About the Person
The ideal candidate for this Chief Structural Engineer position, will most likely be hold an honours degree in a Structures related discipline such as Aeronautical or Mechanical. To succeed in this role, it is also likely that you will have completed a recognised course in aircraft engineering or related engineering discipline at a military or civilian school of technical training. It is essential that you have extensive experience as an aircraft Design Engineer with some years spent on either Hawk, Tornado or Typhoon aircraft. As you would expect, you will need to be a natural problem solver with an ability to formulate solutions to complex engineering problems. You will also have a strong capability in producing high quality drawings, models and repair instructions using AutoCAD, for technicians to following during repairs and maintenance.
Given the nature of the Chief Structural Engineer role, it is most likely that you will have demonstrable experience and achievements with the Royal Air Force. In addition, given the fact this role is an overseas assignment, you will be required to demonstrate a high level of tact, diplomacy, cultural awareness and pragmatism to ensure your objectives are achieved consistent with local customs.
The Reward & Overseas Benefits
For this assignment, you can expect to receive a tax-free salary of circa £50k + extensive benefits. With all-year-round sunshine, excellent recreation facilities, and first-class medical facilities, it is a fantastic overseas opportunity for either those looking for a short-term assignment with the potential of a longer-term career opportunity with one of the world’s most successful aerospace and defence firms.
If you are interested in this role or potentially considering a move, please send your CV with a brief cover note providing some background on why you would like to be considered. Alternatively, if you would like to hear more details or have an initial, confidential conversation, please contact Carlé Liddell on 07500 645658 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.